PIM is co-organizing (with CIRAD and other partners) the international conference on Agri-Chains and Sustainable Development: Linking local and global dynamics (AC&SD 2016) to be held on 12-14 December 2016 in Montpellier, France. AC&SD 2016 will bring together participants from multiple world regions to discuss the role of agricultural value chains in implementing global and local frameworks and partnerships for translating the Sustainable Development Goals into reality.
The conference aims at:
- Nourishing the dialogue with decision makers for enriching policy and strategy formulation towards sustainable development, using agricultural value chains as effective levers for action;
- Engaging further scientists and experts into innovative experiences for an inclusive and sustainable economy and in imagining new models of development;
- Shedding light on new patterns of public/private partnerships and investments and on multistakeholders’ alliances for sustainable value chains.
Participants will be called to share knowledge, innovative practices and ideas through plenary sessions and a series of parallel sessions.
The debates will be devoted to the following 3 themes:
- Performance and evaluation of agri-chains with respect to the SDGs
- Public policies and agri-chain governance mechanisms at different scales in support of the SDGs
- Concrete innovations and partnerships for building and transforming agri-chains towards sustainable development
Particular emphasis will be placed on sessions mixing disciplinary perspectives and a showcase of innovative approaches from the field.
PIM is helping plan the agenda of the conference and will sponsor several participants. Karen Brooks and Maximo Torero are members of the Scientific Committee.