Policy seminar co-organized by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and the CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM).
MAY 22, 2019 - 12:15 PM TO 01:45 PM EDT
Visit this page for event recording
IFPRI and the CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM) recently completed a joint stock taking study of IFPRI’s experience with country programs and its more general policy of outposting research staff to developing countries. Several reports have been produced as part of the study and placed on the IFPRI website along with a summary blog here.
This seminar will present and discuss the findings and recommendations, and panel members from other organizations that outpost staff for similar reasons (World Bank, USAID, MSU) will share and compare their experiences.
The evaluation of IFPRI country strategy programs was conducted and co-financed by IFPRI and PIM.
- Peter Hazell, External Coordinator of Impact Assessment, IFPRI
- Frank Place, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM)
- David Atwood, Food Policy Advisor for Food Security Bureau, USAID
- Paul Dorosh, Director of Development Strategy and Governance Division, IFPRI
- Simeon Ehui, Director of Agricultural Global Practice, World Bank
- David Tschirley, Professor of International Development in the Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University (MSU)
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Karen Brooks, Adjunct Professor Global Human Development, Georgetown University