November 7-8 , 2019
International Food Policy Research Institute
1201 Eye St. NW, Washington, DC 20005 USA
Organizers: CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM), International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
This two-day event will bring together extension experts and practitioners from CGIAR and partner organizations to discuss successful cases and best practices in rural advisory services, as well as identify directions for the future extension research. One of the specific objectives is to develop a set of recommendations for decision makers which would insure that extension programs and policies include women and youth.
The discussion will include the following topics:
- Sustainable agricultural intensification, natural resource management, and climate resilience
- Agribusiness advisory services for smallholders
- Nutrition, health, and behavior change communication
- Gender, youth, and disadvantaged groups
- Digitally-enabled extension
- Private sector models and farmer extensionists
- Methodological challenges and opportunities in extension
- Public expenditure trends and national performance metrics in extension
The program of the event will be available soon.
For more information about the workshop, please contact Kristin Davis.
Photo: ICRAF/Sherry Odeyo